Monday 26 January 2015

Dear Diary... IT'S A...


GIRL!!!

I can not express how over the moon I am about finding out the gender of our baby. But mostly I felt relief knowing that everything was okay. 

Strangely enough I slept really well last night, I thought I would be awake wondering if the baby was okay. But I slept right through, I have been really tired lately. I woke up super early though but refrained from getting ready and setting off way to early. It was hard. 

All the way there, I was drinking lots of water making sure my bladder was full and ready, by the time I got there I was uncomfortable and really needed to go, but I stopped myself.
I took Luke (of course), my mum, her husband, my sister and my friend. All piling into a small room ready to see whether my baby was a boy or a girl. 
The sonographer was a really friendly woman, and she explained everything to us. But as soon as she put the scanner onto my stomach she said she thinks she knows what it is, but my bladder was too full and that I would have to empty it. I was relieved but confused. Apparently you only need a full bladder before 12 weeks, after it's completely empty. 
When I came back the scanner was literally on my stomach for about 30 seconds and she confirmed that it was what she thought... It's a girl! 


I started getting tearful, and started shaking, and the woman asked if I was okay, but I didn't want to cry in front of everyone, so I kept it to myself. I know if it was just me and Luke I would of been blubbering so much. I managed to keep my cool. 

As soon as the woman turned the screen onto 4D, it was so overwhelming. There she was, my baby girl, wriggling around, arms and legs all tucked in. She was really cuddling and snuggling up to me. I was in love again! 


Her little arms and legs so skinny. She was hiding from us a little bit, so the woman starting "gently" poking my stomach to get her to lower her arms. Which she did for us. 
At the point whilst I was watching my daughter (OMG I can say daughter) move, Zoe asked the woman how she knew that it was a girl. She explained by saying that they have to check using 2D and for a boy they can see a Snail like shape at the bottom, but for a girl they see three lines, she was pretty confident and told us how many scans she does a week so she knew what she was looking for. 
I have been saying since I found out I was pregnant, that I had a feeling it was a girl. I guess it's just instinct, some people just know don't they.

I was crazy about my little girl within seconds, and then we saw her face...



"Look at her little button nose" the lady kept saying to me. I have a little button nose, I am just over the moon with her. She's beautiful, and I always said that 4D scans looked strange, but it's different I suppose, that's my little girl there and she's perfect!
Everything was going great and seeing her move around and seeing her face was amazing. But the best was to come... 



Anyone that knows me, you don't even need to know me well, but you will know that I suck my thumb. Always have, always will. And there was my baby girl, sucking her thumb. That was it, both me and Luke knew she was ours, we created her. She was sucking her thumb, just like me... her mum. I couldn't believe it. I know so many babies do this, and it may not be special to anyone, but I've sucked my thumb my entire life, and I know what it is for me, it's my comfort, and to see my baby doing the same thing, and snuggling up to me was just what I needed to see. 

I would highly recommend Hello Baby, they were so nice and made me feel like I wasn't one of 200 women a week going for the same thing. The sonographer kept telling me my baby was a cutie, and made me feel really relaxed. And the bed was ridiculously comfy. I need one of those.
It's a bit far away, but definitely worth the drive. Seeing my baby like this was the best experience I have ever had to date. And was a priceless moment. Something I was carry with me forever, something I will share with my daughter one day, a precious memory.


How did you find out the gender of your baby?





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience, I have always wanted a 4D scan. I am 18 weeks pregnant at the moment and might treat myself! Your girl does indeed have a gorgeous button nose. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was 16+5 when I got this done, it was the best experience I have ever had, I would highly recommend you get one. Are you going to find out what you're having? xx

      Delete
  2. aw congrats! i'm dreading having a girl though I know ill spoil her rotten haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh you expecting? - I would spoil either gender to be honest, but I love looking at everything girly! xx

      Delete
  3. Aww congratulations! Finding out the gender is such a special scan - sounds like you had a wonderful experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great experience :) xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Bet your so excited :D

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://emmahopenewitt.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's great appreciated. xx

      Delete
  5. oh wow congratulations and im loving the pink bands x

    ReplyDelete