Thursday 1 January 2015

Dear Diary: We’re PREGNANT!!!!

(I wrote this on the 4th November, 4 days after we found out)
It’s happened already!!!
We have only been trying for a baby for just over a month now and it’s happened already. I can not express just how happy I am. Me and Luke have spoke about trying for a baby for what feels like forever, but never took that leap. Finally at the beginning of September I got him too agree to trying for a baby, it was something I had wanted since we had got married last October. From the moment we could start trying, I was doing everything by the book. I bought months worth of Folic Acid, and took it day by day religiously. I was eating the right food and was watching everything I did. Luke was also taking Vitamins. But I knew deep down that realistically it can take anywhere up to a year to conceive, but none the less I told myself I was feeling sick and something felt different, to be honest we had only been trying for 2 short weeks, so it was all in my head, that didn’t stop my from taking god knows how many pregnancy tests, all negative of course. I bought 30 “extra early” test off Amazon, and was testing every day until the end of September, never really getting too disheartened when they were all negative. I stopped taking the tests in October because I had a lot going on, I was away at the beginning of the month with work for a few days, so I was distracted, and then I went on my own holiday with Luke to Los Angeles, so it was “out” of my mind, sort of, I was very sick whilst I was on holiday and threw up, so the thought did cross my mind. We got home late Friday the 31st (Halloween) and I just thought just take a test, the worst that happen is it’s negative. I did the test and was pottering around very JetLagged and just placed the test on the side not thinking of it for a few minutes, when I went back to it, I quickly glanced and did the fastest double take I have ever done in my life. Something was there!!! Adrenaline kicked straight in and my body took over, I could feel my heart pounding, my body shaking, my mind going dizzy, my eyes welling up, and that lump in my throat. There it was, the second red line. I instantly shouted for Luke, not really being able to calm down enough to tell him, finally getting it out and burst out crying. He hadn’t slept in a whole day but was wide awake at this point. He was laughing at me pacing up and down, crying but laughing at him too. I was so overwhelmed. The best feeling in the world. When I calmed down a bit I took another test, again it was positive, Luke finally feel asleep and I just laid wide awake next to him. Thinking of nothing but taking another test. An hour later (around 2am) I took another test, POSITIVE. Waited and waited all night I was awake waiting for Luke to wake up, finally about 7am he got up so I went and clearly (because I’m so rational) did another test, but this was a ClearBlue digital one, it actually said “PREGNANT” on it, I was bouncing on the moon at this point. It’s five days on since I found out and it’s all I have thought about. In total I have taken about 10 tests (because well that’s not crazy) the doctor laughed at me when I told her. But going to the doctors to confirm it has made it seem a little bit more real. She has told me to date my pregnancy from the 1st of October, which will make me 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow, still very early days, but I have a great feeling about this. Everything is going to be okay.
Our lives changed forever on the 31st of October when we took that first test.

Here’s to the next 8 months! And the rest of our lives.

We already love our Baby-B ‘more than the moon’ 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment