Sunday 29 March 2015

Dear Diary: Week 23 & 24

*Really late with this post*

These last few week have been busy but slow. I had a week off work about 2 weeks ago which was heaven, I didn't want to go back. I would say I will get a lot of time off when the baby is here, but we all know looking after babies can be a full time job. But it's a job I'm actually looking forward to having. 

Nothing much had changed pregnancy wise. Except I am enjoying being pregnant a lot more. My nerves are still there, when I eat something a bit to salty or I eat a fair bit of chocolate during the day, I panic I'm going to hurt the baby some how. I know that it's not as simple as that and I do drink lots of water and eat some fruit and veg each day. I find it difficult but I try. 
I have started to feel her move a lot more now which is always reassuring, and I've even started to see movements, tiny little movements on top of the skin. Mainly when I am in the bath (I have even got it on video). It makes me so happy feeling her move, knowing she is in there, happy, healthy, comfy. 

As each day passes I get that little bit more nervous about being a mum, about having everything she needs, being everything she needs. 

These last two weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions. I know I can pin it down to hormones and get away with it, but hearing a slow soppy song on my iPod, and I'm in floods. But every time I cry I feel that sense of relief, like a good cry can really sort you out. 

Changes to my body over these last two weeks have really started to stand out. My boobs are HORRIBLE, I mean it, they are horrid, people always think that when you're pregnant and your boobs go big that it's amazing. Well 1) I have never liked big boobs, my clothes and dress sense doesn't suit them. 2) They are so uncomfortable. 3) They are pregnancy boobs, and they look like it too. 
My belly button looks very strange. I think it may pop out soon.
My legs and bum also don't look great either. I know I have put weight on and I know it's down to me. Sometimes it upsets me, sometimes it just makes me realise that I will work hard to get into shape. 

My cravings are the same, milk in the morning, fizzy pop in the afternoon. And I find that I am really thirsty a lot at night time too. I could go all morning without a drink (except milk) if I didn't force myself to have water. But at night time, right before bed I have to drink a bottle of water, I don't know why this is?

I've also been thinking a lot about whether or not I'm going to breastfeed. I always said I wanted to, because of all the benefits, for both me and the baby. But the closer I get and the more thinking I do about it, I'm starting to wonder whether it's right for me or not? If anyone has any advise please let me know?
I'm more worried about the restrictions that come with breast feeding. Feeling like I can't go any where, because I'm not the kind of person that would feel comfortable breast feeding in public. That and what if I need my mum or sister to look after her for a few hours, I know I can express milk, but won't I still fill up ready for her normal feed times, and then what do I do? 
Please can someone shed some light on this for me?




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Aw.. I loved it when my babies finally started moving! How exciting. As far as the breastfeeding goes, it is such a personal choice. I am sure something will feel right to you once she's born. I will say I didn't find it easy at first, I thought it would come naturally but I had to learn how to do it and feed my baby with a dropper the first few days. In the end it was a fantastic experience for me though. I enjoyed it actually, it releases some pretty great feel good hormones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you. I've been so adamant for a long time that if I was to ever have a baby that I will 100% breastfeed. I think it's just hitting me now that I'm having a baby and they will need feeding it's just scary. I'm such a private person. It scares me thinking about doing is in public.

      Thank you for your advice though xx

      Delete
  2. Reading this post is not helping my broodiness! I remember when I hit 24 weeks it all became so real. Breastfeeding is such a personal choice Hun. I always wanted to do it but also equipped myself with everything I needed just in case I needed to formula feed. I have loved it but I now have a 7 month old who refuses formula and I'm trying to stop! Best thing is to weigh up the pros and cons for you but but also be prepared to do what feels right once baby is born xx
    www.eatlovelivelondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. I have done my research and a lot of mum say the same. That they can't get their babies off the breast milk.
      I guess you do what's right for your children don't you.

      I think I have talked myself out and in on this so many times that I really need to think about what's right for me.

      Thank you for your advise xx

      Delete
  3. Stop making me broody!

    I felt the same way when it came to breastfeeding and felt so conflicted. I didn't research well enough and when the time came I was just totally confused about bottle or breast. I wish I had of tried more when Noah was here but there's always next time.

    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading on your blog that you wanted to breastfeed, so you didn't in the end?
      End of the day it's your choice and nothing is the wrong choice. I do feel conflicted. And think I need to do some more research into it. It's scary!

      Yes Jen there is always next time! Maybe me making you broody it might not be to far into the future?!? :P x

      Delete