Sunday 8 March 2015

Dear Diary: Week 21 & 22

Every time I get to another week in my count down, I get really excited. 
However my pregnancy seems to be slowing down now. Not dragging, but definitely slowing down. 

Week 21 was easy, there really isn't much to report. My cravings stayed the same, milk in the morning, fizzy pop in the afternoon. Luke said it's really strange to see me drinking fizzy pop because normally I hate it. 
I started getting really bad headaches, so I went to the doctors to check my blood pressure and it was a little high, nothing to worry about. 

But week 22... 
Well a mix of my paranoia and me actually feeling like death, I rang the Triage Centre in Burnley because my head was pounding, my mood was horrendous, my body temperature felt really high and I thought I hadn't felt movement in just over a day, the midwife told to me go in straight away. I did manage to keep my calm whilst I was leaving work, but as soon as I got into my car and rang my mum I just burst into tears. I just work myself up into a panic. 
I got to the hospital and the first thing they did was check for the baby's heartbeat. They found it straight away, and she was definitely moving, as she kept moving away from the little microphone thing that they use. 

Making sure the baby is okay, is my number one priority. 

I feel more movements now too, which I love, I start tracking her movements and she'll have a routine for a few days, and then she goes all quiet on me for a day or two, which of course I start to worry. I just need to relax and start enjoying my pregnancy. 
I love it when she kicks, I can't wait for another couple of weeks when she will grow double the size that she is now, and then I will be able to feel her so much more. 

In week 22, my fizzy pop craving hasn't been so bad. I still crave milk in the morning though, and lots and lots of biscuits. I really do want sweet food quiet a lot, hope that's normal? My next midwife appointment is in a couple of weeks, I'll ask her then.

My bump is huge now, I really can't do anything. Tying my shoe laces, shaving my legs etc... It's all getting too much. Everyone comments on the size more or less every day. I do love it though. 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Eeek it must be so exciting expecting! Your tattoo is so fab btw! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love being pregnant!
      Ahh thank you, I always forget about it haha xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope you final few weeks run smoothly :)
    x

    ReplyDelete