Monday 20 April 2015

Dear Diary: Week 27 & 28

Week 27 and 28 have gone so fast.

In week 27 I had an appointment with my new midwife in Swinton. It went well and she answered all my questions. I took a list with me so I wouldn't forget what to ask.
She told me that I have to go for a whole new booking appointment as they don't do things the same in Manchester as they do in Blackburn/Burnley.
She looked at my medical book like it was alien, it was strange, I would of thought that the whole country would use the same books.
I'm looking forward to getting everything settled over here.

Not much as changed in my pregnancy though, baby seems to move the same, some days she is really active and some days she's quiet. The quiet days make me nervous, but I'm trying not to get worked up every time she has a quiet day.
It's impossible for me to keep an eye on movements the way the midwives tell you too. You're meant to know the baby's pattern, but there is absolutely no way I could do this.
Is this normal? Surely every baby is different, maybe mine is just a rebel.

Work is getting hard now, just the stress and pressure of it. The busy days are tiring, but the quiet days are worse. I can't win.
Sitting at my desk on a desk chair all day, it's becoming so painful. All the pressure on my back and bum is horrendous, some days I want to cry with the pain. There is nothing they can do though, I have to sit at a desk and they only have desk chairs.
I only have May left at work and then I am on Maternity Leave. It can't come quick enough!

My cravings are slowing down a lot more. I still enjoy a glass of milk and a bottle on pop (not at the same time) but I don't feel like I need it anymore. I do feel like I need chocolate during the day, not a lot, but at least a bar... It picks me back up especially in work.

My stretch marks are becoming more and more defined. Mainly on my sides, not on the front though, I wonder when that will happen, which I know will happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment