Thursday 12 February 2015

Dear Diary: We're Moving...

It's been a long time coming, but we're finally getting back on track.

I would say I regret ever moving out of my own place, but it was a choice that we made together to help ourselves at the time.
Has it been hard, yes of course it has. I've been independent for as long as I can remember, and going somewhere that makes it difficult to be yourself can be suffocating.
But was it worth it? Yes, it got us back on our feet financially, don't get me wrong we're not sorted, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Moving in with parents might be easy for some people, it just wasn't for us. We will always be grateful for the help of course.

But we finally found a house! After weeks and weeks and weeks of searching and getting stressed out and getting tired and feeling like nothing was going to work out for us, we have finally found a house. It's back to where our home is, Manchester.
When we started talking about moving back to our own place, none of thought twice about the location, it was always going to be back to Manchester. It's where me and Luke got our first home together, it's where we made friends for life.
For my sister, who will also be living with us, her entire life is in Manchester, her friends, her job, her heart.
But if I really thought about where I was moving to, and what I was leaving behind. My mum would be my main reason to stay, but I know she wouldn't want that for us, she knows we wouldn't be happy here. With the baby on the way though, I think I'm going to find it difficult to be so far away from her. I know it's only a car ride away, but every girl needs there mum sometimes.

I wanted somewhere I was familiar with, so Swinton was the main area of concentration. I loved the house we used to live in there, but it was only two bedrooms, and with a baby on the way, it was just impractical to move into a two bedroom home.
The house that we are moving into will be perfect for our little family, and I can not wait to get in and start nesting. Getting my nursery together, setting up my little girls room is something I think about all the time.

All I want to say is thank you to everyone that has helped us with this. Everyone who understands what it is like. Everyone who wants us back on our feet and stable. We appreciate everyone and every last bit of help.




No comments:

Post a Comment